Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 15, 2012

From the tender age of 8

Hey there, everyone!

My condolences for not updating this blog more frequently. I've been swamped with lots of duties that life has thrown at me. I will try to blog more and more often now. For today, folks, I wanted to show you a short story that I wrote waaay back in elementary school.

"Have you ever wanted to disappear? Ever done something embarrassing or just plain awful? Thought you were in ciaos? Join the crowd! But don't give up hope! Good luck will come with a good luck charm! Good things can happen. It even happened to me before. It all started on a Monday. I was very sleepy and was just waking up. I stared at the clock. I would be 30 minutes late for school! I had never slept in before! But I knew complaining would be wasting my time so I quickly dressed and brushed my teeth and headed down to breakfast. I told my mom I wanted waffles for breakfast. But she said "Honey, we're out of syrup". I was so desperate for waffles I even asked for them without syrup. But all she said was the same thing, we ran out! I was very frustrated. So, I asked for my favorite cereal. But, we only had my least favorite cereal that tasted like grass. I gave a loud groan. And as if I weren't frustrated enough, when I poured milk for my cereal it spilled all over my shirt! I was so mad I kicked at the table, screamed, and stomped to my room to change. When I was finished changing I waited for the late bus. And guess what?, when it came around my street it splashed mud all over my body. I screamed. I didn't have time to change so I had to go to school looking a mess. I growled at the bus driver and got on the bus. I hollered "Thanks a lot!" to the bus driver. "Sure thing!" he said. I stared at him. Apparently he didn't get it. Finally we got to school. I rushed to the classroom. I turned the doorknob. It was locked. I banged on the door but there was no reply. I looked through the window but on one was inside. I heard my teacher clap her hands loudly. I followed the sound to a place full of bugs and mud. Eeeeeeeeewwwww! "Class, may I have your attention?" my teacher asked. May I means I may or else and asked means demanded in Mrs.Balley's talk. "Yesterday a thief broke into our classroom and stole all our supplies. The markers, pens, books, everything! We were going to finish our book, The lion the with and the wardrobe for homework but they stole those books! Instead, you must write a 10 paged essay on the author of the book." I gave a silent moan. I kicked at the grass. It wasn't fair! I had really wanted to finish that book, I loved it! When would the misery ever end? With the teacher done talking the kids noticed my disheveled look with mud all over me. They stared and laughed. I felt like I would cry, but I didn't, I had something stuck in my eyes. I searched the place for my best friend Kayla. She would defend me. But turns out, she was sick at home! I rushed to the bathroom to wash my face. I was also thirsty so I walked to the fountain. I saw something silver shining in the sunlight right by the fountain. I walked to get a closer look. It was a charm bracelet! I loved it; it had all my favorite things on it, a dog, a daisy and a heart. I decided if I asked the class everyone would say it was theirs because they'd want it. I picked it up. And, surprisingly, I wasn't thirsty anymore. I walked back to the class slowly so I'd be missing the worst subject math, and just get to go to my favorite class, writing. I got their right on time. The rest of the day went by smoothly. I couldn't wait for tomorrow. It was the day the teacher would draw names from a hat and people could win prizes. I wore my bracelet. The next day I got to school right on time. I crossed my fingers for luck as Mrs.Balley moved her fingers around the hat. She pulled out a slip of paper. "Miss Amanda, please come up to claim your brand new supply of markers" she said. I did cartwheels of joy, for 5 years I didn't have markers! I had been using the teacher's markers since then. But now I got my own! I knew this would be a great day. I searched the place for Kayla and, unlike yesterday, she was there! She was as happy as I was about the markers and congratulated me. And she was thanked for being a good sport about not winning because the next round she won! She got new notebooks. I was happy for her but secretly I wanted the notebooks. Not only that, but after that she said the 10 paged essay was canceled! The bell rang. When I got home, my mom had a surprise for me. And they were none other than new notebooks! I danced around for joy. I suddenly realized my bracelet had done all this. But to prove this I took off the bracelet. I had wanted to play baseball at Kayla's house, but it started raining. I quickly put the bracelet back on. The phone rang, and it was Kayla saying she would come over for a party inside! I hugged my bracelet so much. I couldn't even remember the pain and misery I used to have! And it was all thanks to the bracelet. So if you want good luck, get a charm bracelet! For boys, take of the charms so it doesn't look girly. It's awesome; all you need for good luck is a simple bracelet!"

My dramatic attitude never ceases to make me smile. ;)


Until next time!

-Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment